Monday, January 16, 2012

Patience with the job hunt

 As my frustration grew today and my patience was tested with the job hunt, I decided to step back and do an internet search for "patience for getting a job." I came across a web site, ejobcoach.com, and liked this little tidbit: "A baseball player with a batting average of .300 is doing damned well, yet we often forget to recognize that what this means is that he has missed 70% of the balls thrown at him."

After reading that I breathed out some of the frustration and breathed in a bit of hope and patience. Just because I haven't gotten a job in almost a year, and I don't receive responses from 99% of all the jobs I apply to, doesn't mean I'm not worthy of a wonderful job. And it doesn't mean that the right job isn't on its way. In its own time. 

I realized that if I continue with this frustration level, my resentment level will increase. This will negatively affect my energy levels when searching and interviewing for jobs. The moral of the story is that I need to practice more patience with myself and potential employers.

What do you need to have more patience with in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment