Monday, August 1, 2011

Volunteerism- How do you give back?

I believe volunteerism is a way to give back to my community and, in even the smallest way, to help make the world I live in a better place for us all. I recently began volunteering with the Lifelong AIDS Alliance here in Seattle. Lifelong AIDS Alliance provides services for people living with HIV/AIDS in the Northwest. I chose to volunteer with Lifelong because of their holistic approach to care. They offer services such as case management, insurance, housing, and food. In addition, they have special events throughout the year, a youth program, a clinic, a pharmacy and a thrift store (plus more). Their major fundraising event is the Seattle AIDS Walk which takes place this year on September 24, 2011.  Please consider walking or donating. More information can be found here: http://seattleaidswalk.org/. 

Volunteering makes me feel better about how I choose to participate in this world. In what ways do you participate?

No comments:

Post a Comment