Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Weather

Living in Seattle, I often ponder the weather. Here in Seattle, we get few sunny days and many rainy, grey days. With the constant cloudiness, sometimes my mood is dampened. When that happens, I play some good music to lift me.  One of my favorite artists is Amel Larrieux.  One of her songs is called Weather.  In this song, Amel sings "As long as you have the weather, the dark skies that find us, will send a clear day to remind us."

This lyric is also a metaphor for life. When you're not feeling so great about something- relationship, work, whatever- recall this lyric. Remember that a clear day will come soon to remind you of the brighter side of the situation. What are some of your favorite songs and what meaning do they have for you?




No comments:

Post a Comment